Friday 20 May 2011

Cork Photography

I spent a lot of time capturing different areas of bath using black and white film. I tried to go to places that nobody else would go, as i did not want a typical image of something like the abbey or the circus, as I knew these would be used multiple times in other peoples images. I went to places such as the Botanical Gardens and tried to focus on less obvious elements such as the nature, as I know buildings would be the main subject throughout the competition. After taking my photographs and developing my film int he dark room I had to decide on what images would work best. By creating a contact sheet using the negatives i could see all the images in small to select which ones I think worked best. My three favorite pictures were of a tree in the Botanical Gardens, a shot of the weir next to the Parade, and a shot of a secluded area of houses near the Abbey. I was selected to fill a frame that was 1m in width, however I felt that my images worked better at a smaller size after experimenting with different sized sheets of photographic paper. I found it hard to select one of the three top images do i decided to select two images that juxtaposed together; I felt that these two images would show two different sides of bath.

1 comment:

  1. Images were OK but again lacked thought and imagination

    ReplyDelete